that’s also sustainable living.
We care about being good neighbors—not only to each other, but to Mother Earth as well.
In custom-building MonteCedro from the ground up here in Altadena, we had the opportunity to fully integrate innovative designs for sustainable senior living.
Our vision of the future had to incorporate cutting-edge systems that minimize our impact on the environment. And not just within the MonteCedro senior living campus, but Greater Pasadena, Los Angeles County, and beyond.
Our first step in treading lightly was to enlist international design and architecture firm Perkins Eastman, recipient of more than 200 awards for design excellence, including senior housing innovations.
Some of MonteCedro’s most notable sustainability distinctions include:
- Energy-efficient heating and cooling systems
- Use of low-VOC paints, wall coverings and adhesives to minimize volatile vapors
- Title 24-compliant, energy-efficient lighting fixtures that perform significantly better than California Energy Code requirements
- Maximized green space
- State-of-the-art irrigation control utilizing rain sensors to reduce water consumption
- Dark Sky-compliant exterior lighting to reduce light pollution
- Electric car hook-ups
- Native, naturally insect- and disease-resistant landscaping to reduce the need for irrigation and fertilizers, as well as to preserve habitat and housing for indigenous butterflies and birds
- Storm water management that captures and filters rain runoff from roofs, walkways and paving, and reintroduces it into the landscape irrigation system
Click here to contact us online or call